International Commercial Arbitration
The International Commercial Arbitration subscription provides easy, immediate access to global, regional and national legal materials covering approximately 170 databases of commercial arbitration information, including cases, statutes, journals, law reviews and more.
You’ll have the law and analysis necessary to help clients avoid international commercial disputes and represent them in arbitration proceedings.
The Current Awareness Centre monitors newswires, newspapers, magazines, journals, radio, and television transcripts and delivers customised summaries of the latest developments in international commercial arbitration.
Hypertext links can direct you from the news to relevant databases for further research, and Smart Terms allows you to refine your search by industry, company, subject, and geographic location. Furthermore, user-friendly search templates let you create precise queries that shorten your research time and improve results.
The library delivers documents from the major organisations that handle or influence international commercial arbitration matters, such as:
- International Commercial Arbitration (ICA)
- Permanent Court Arbitration (PCA) )
- American Arbitration Association International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR) – with the West Key)
- CPR Institute for Dispute Resolution (CPR) )
- Trade Organisation (WTO) and General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT)
- United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL)
The library also includes information on commercial arbitration by nation and region:
- Europe – Documents and commentary from the E.U., Austria, France, Germany, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the U.K.
- North America – North American Free Trade Agreement and Canadian and U.S. data and analysis
- Asia-Pacific – Australian documents; Chinese International Economic, Trade & Arbitration Commission (CIETAC); Chinese
- Maritime Arbitration Commission (CMAC); and Hong Kong and Singapore International Arbitration Centres
- Africa – Organisation for the Harmonisation of Business Law in Africa (OHADA) records
The library’s databases contain International law reviews, journals, and newsletters, including Vindobona Journal of Commercial Law and Arbitration, Appleton Investor state cases, and World Arbitration & Mediation Report.
Renowned treatises, such as Redfern and Hunter’s Law and Practice of International Commercial Arbitration*, 4th Edition and Domke on Commercial Arbitration, offer expert legal analysis and practice guidance.
*Exclusive to Westlaw